Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I'm still here......



I can't believe I haven't posted anything since March! Where did the summer go......I know I spent most of it in my garden. As soon as the sun gave off a hint of warmth this spring, I couldn't stay inside. I put my needles away, my unfinished projects got thrown into UFO pile(
it's almost as big as my pile of ironing) and the last 6 months were spent outside in the garden for the most part. Pictures to follow. My project this summer was my pergola, which, next summer will give us a lovely sitting area with surrounding gardens and maybe even
a fish pond!

Here it is finished! Last month I added a small garden at the front in memory of my Mom. It's been a year and I still think of her every day.

I have yet to set the patio stones...don't think I'll have time before it gets cold.......'cause now, I'm tired. Time to settle onto the couch, pick up my needles and knit, knit, knit. (I'm really, really, really considering getting a spinning wheel too) So many things to do.
Each season, something new.
Seeds to sow, weeds to pull.
Wood to cut, stone to set.
Knit, spin and dye the yarn.
And of course, I really must make a quilt this year! (hmmmm....I started off rhyming, but, oh well, poetry was never my strength.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhhh the pergola is beautiful. I can just picture all the good times we will have, sitting under it next summer!